Cervello Financial Planning
As an Independent Financial Services firm authorised with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) the
regulator has set out its rules in relation to handling client’s complaints. In order to meet these rules,
we have put the following procedures in place.
- On receipt of your complaint we will record receipt of the complaint and write to
acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days, unless it can be resolved
within 1 business day. Within the acknowledgement letter we will provide you with a copy
of these complaint procedures.
- We will endeavour to communicate with you in a clear and fair manner at all times whilst
investigating your complaint.
- If your complaint was made verbally, then within our acknowledgement letter we will
confirm our understanding of your complaint.
- Your complaint will then be investigated by our Compliance Officer Chris Daems, who will
gather all documentation required in order to thoroughly and objectively conduct the
investigation. This may require some additional information from you and therefore an
authority letter may be required so we can approach any 3 rd party necessary.
- During the above process we will keep you informed of its progress to date and whether
there is any further information we require from you. We will aim to deal with your
complaint as quickly as possible.
- If we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks from date of receipt, we will write to
you again with our reasons for delay however we also enclose the leaflet “Your Complaint
and the Ombudsmen” informing you of your rights to take action further to the Financial
Ombudsman if you are unhappy with the progress. We will confirm when we expect our
final response to be made.
- Within our final response letter, we will set out our understanding of your complaint, the
issues raised, the investigation we conducted and the outcome from the investigation. We
will also detail any redress we believe appropriate or the reasons for declining redress.
- If you are not satisfied with our final response, you have the right to refer your complaint
to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge.
- The Ombudsman might not be able to consider your complaint if:
• what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago, and
• you’re complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have
realised) that there was a problem.
- We will tell you if we think that your complaint is made outside of these time limits but this
is a matter for the Ombudsman to decide. If the Ombudsman agrees with us, they will not
have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very
- If you do decide to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman, you must do so within six
months of our final response letter.
- If you do not refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this
letter, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will
only be able to do so in very limited circumstances
- You can contact FOS by:
- Phone-0800 023 4 567
- Post-The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR